Should I study in my own country or should I move abroad for studies? This question is faced by most of the students every day. Studying in your own country will provide you the comfort of living at your own home and you will not have to leave your family and friends behind, on the other hand studying abroad will give you global exposure and better career opportunities.
However, some Indian Universities provide better undergrad courses as compared to International Universities in terms of Law, Medical, Political Science, or Social Work. The decision to study in India or abroad is very crucial and takes a lot of time, planning, and resources to execute. Hence, it is important to consider the pros and cons of both situations before coming to a decision. Good financial planning requires a year before you want to move abroad.
Pros of studying abroad:
- Global Exposure: When a student studies abroad he gets exposure to a new culture and lifestyle. Living away from family makes the person more responsible and develops management skills. It helps students to learn how to balance life by managing their costs, working part-time along with their studies at a very younger age. It will give you a chance to meet people from different countries and backgrounds and understand their culture. Foreign countries provide better research opportunities to students as compared to India.
2. Quality Education: International Universities follow a practical approach to impart education to students. Students have a pool of universities and courses to choose from in foreign countries. Studying in another country is the best way to improve language skills. It introduces you to more demotic ways of speaking. Foreign Employers prefer students who have completed a degree abroad with good academic scores and work experience over the students who have completed the same degrees and same work experience from India.
3. Financial Independence: Studying Abroad is expensive but it is very close to what IIM’s are charging for a decent Master’s Degree Program. International Education is becoming more accessible with time. Today we have many Overseas Education loans and Scholarship facilities for the students. All students need is proper documentation, a good academic record, and meet all the eligibility criteria.
4. Personal Growth: Studying Abroad enhances the presentation and communication skills of the students. It makes learners do multitask. Students will get to interact with a diverse range of people from different backgrounds. They will have the opportunity to travel and explore new places. They can learn additional languages from local communities living there.
Cons of studying abroad:
- Studying Abroad is too much expensive. People have to face a lot of difficulties while arranging finances.
2. All the Foreign Universities are considered good. However, people choose universities according to their quality but it is very important to choose the right University according to your preferences because top universities like Harvard, Stanford are too much expensive compared to normal ones.
3. Sometimes it becomes difficult for the studenṭs to fit into new culture and lifestyle or they may lack the required finances and resources.
Pros of studying in India:
- You will remain at your home.
2. Many Indian Universities provide quality Education at the lowest fees.
3. Most of the Universities offer placements after completion of courses.
Cons of studying in India:
- No doubt Indian Universities provide quality education but there is too much competition for getting admission into Tier 1 Universities on
2. The kind of exposure students get in Indian Universities is very low.
3. Indian Universities do not provide high-quality education as compared to Foreign Universities because the main emphasis here is to teach theoretical knowledge rather than practical knowledge.
It has been concluded that there is a big difference between the quality of education provided by Indian and International Universities. A person can opt for higher studies abroad by using different Loans and scholarship facilities. And another option is he can complete an undergrad degree in India, work for 3-4 years here and save the money for post-graduation abroad because international education will definitely provide better career opportunities.
Our Counsellors will guide to make your choice easily. You can Contact us for free guidance.
Also Read: Why Canada has become the popular destination for Indians to migrate? | Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Study In Canada | How To Get A Student Visa For Canada In 2021 | Best Immigration Consultancy In Delhi | Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Study In Australia | What Is Express Entry & How To Get Express Entry | What Are The Best Countries In The World To Study, Live And Work
Check out different countries: