Alberta Express Entry Stream has released its PNP draw inviting immigration candidates with a CRS score of 300.
With a total of 1610 invitations, Alberta Express Entry Stream held four draws with a minimum score of 300 in the previous month.
It has now invited 293 express entry candidates with at least a 300 CRS score as its first draw for the month.
Alberta Express Entry Streams:
Alberta Immigration Nomination Program (AINP) nominates people who have the skills to work in Alberta for their permanent residence.
AINP works in two streams:
Alberta Opportunity Stream
The candidates who qualify to live and work in Alberta and have a job offer from the employer of Alberta can apply for nomination in AINP.
- Residency and Work Permit type
- Language proficiency
- Alberta job offer
- Work experience
Alberta Express Entry Stream
The candidates with express entry profiles can apply for nomination in AINP for PR in Canada.
- Express Entry profile must be active in the Federal Express Entry Pool.
- It must meet the eligibility criteria of one of the Federal Immigration Programs, FSWP, FSTP, or CEC.
- It must intend to live and work in Alberta permanently.
- Work experience in an occupation that supports the economic development and diversification goals of the province.
- Must have a CRS score of at least 300.
This stream allows the AINP to nominate a limited number of qualified candidates from the Federal Express Entry Program.
Streams for Entrepreneurs:
Self-employed Farmer Stream
Farmers who have the necessary experience and capital to plan to buy or start a farm in Alberta can apply for permanent residence. Interested candidates have to submit their application forms along with their business plans to AINP. AINP then discusses it with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry and makes sure that it meets the needs of the agriculture industry in Alberta.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
This stream allows AINP to nominate qualified international graduates from post-secondary institutions in Alberta who want to set up their businesses to apply for PR.
- Should have completed at least two years of education (degree or diploma) from a post-secondary institute in Alberta.
- Must have a Post Graduation Work Permit valid for at least 2 years at the time of EOI submission.
- Should have scored at least CLB 7 in English or French.
- Must set up their own business or purchase an existing business in Alberta with at least 34% ownership.
- Should have at least 6 months of full-time work experience.
Foreign Graduate Startup Visa Stream
It is an economic immigration program for qualified foreign-educated graduates outside of Canada who want to launch their startup or an innovative business in Alberta.
- Must have at least six months of full-time work experience.
- Should have completed a two-year program (equivalent to a Canadian degree) from a post-secondary institution outside Canada. Candidates must submit a positive ECA (Educational Credential Assessment).
- Must submit a business plan along with projected financials.
- Should have a score of at least CLB 7 in either English or French.
- Must have business ownership of at least 51% if located in rural areas, and 34% if located in an urban area.
- The minimum investment for an urban business is CAD 100,000 and for a rural business is CAD 50,000.
- Must have obtained a letter of recommendation from an AINP-approved designated agency.