Ireland As a Study Destination
Ireland is a gorgeous island that has the site of blended contemporary modern cities and an ideal countryside, portraying the rich natural habitat. The Republic of Ireland is a place that has adventure, history, culture, and entertainment into one fascinating place.
In the last 20 years, Ireland has grown into one of Europe’s wealthiest nations and the quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth Ireland has experienced over the last few decades.
Ireland’s commitment to excellence has led them to be one of the world’s most reputed for its high-quality education. Hence, it has been a popular destination for students studying abroad. Whether you live and study in a small Irish city or the lively capital of Dublin, you’ll always appreciate both of Ireland’s sites.
- The Irish education system is one of the best in Europe (ranked among the top 20 for its higher education system by the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook in 2014.) Education has been a key factor in making Ireland one of the fastest-growing economies in the world over the past decade.
- Many of Ireland’s institutions of higher education are internationally ranked, and with many strong programs (5000+) in a variety of areas (medicine, science, technology, engineering, business, law, languages, literature, history, philosophy, psychology, etc.), there is something for almost every student.
- Ireland is an English-speaking country, which is one of the top reasons to choose Ireland as a study destination. Students coming to Ireland then find it comfortable to cope up with the course and also with the place.
- Ireland is famous as an international hub for high-quality scientific research. Many students from around the world, including India, visit Ireland to pursue research in various fields.
- The country is home to leading global MNCs. It is the second most attractive country globally for FDI – after Singapore. Many brands such as Google, HP, Apple, IBM, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pfizer, GSK, and Genzyme have made Ireland their main office for European operations.
- For students interested in studying literature (or even just those that appreciate a good book), Ireland is a great destination. Famous authors like Yeats and Shaw called Ireland home.
- Ireland’s emerald landscape and its people are among the most enriching reasons to study in Ireland. Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland. Ireland’s landscape provides a rich environment for the many outdoor leisure pursuits for which it is famous.
- The advantage of studying in Europe is that it’s relatively easy to get from one country to the next. Take advantage of this by taking a long weekend elsewhere in the UK, or traveling the rest of Europe after your time in Ireland study abroad adventure concludes.
- Ireland has a young vibrant population, with 40% of the population under the age of 25; Ireland is one of the most exciting places in the world to be as a student.
- Ireland is also regarded as a safe country to study and live in. The Global Peace Index ranked it as the 12th “most peaceful country” in 2013.
The consistent rise in overseas students coming to study in the “land of saints and scholars” over the last decade establishes the fact that Ireland offers the perfect opportunity to enjoy a novel mix of high education Standards combined with an exciting cultural experience.