IRCC has announced another category-based draw for Agriculture and Agri-food Occupations, it has invited 600 candidates through Express Entry draw.
The draw invited candidates with a minimum CRS, Comprehensive Ranking Score of 354.
Canada has now been focusing on the candidates who have relevant work experience in the agriculture & agri-food sector which includes:
- agricultural service contractors,
- farm supervisors,
- and retail and wholesale butchers.
Canada’s Immigration Minister Sean Fraser announced the new category-based selection draws for the Express Entry program. The categories were chosen based on labor market projections and discussions with IRCC partners and stakeholders as well as with provincial and territorial governments.
They are as follows:
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions
- Trades, such as carpenters, plumbers, and contractors
- Agriculture and agri-food
- Strong French-language proficiency
The category-based selection draws have been expected since June 2022, when the Government of Canada made changes to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to allow for the selection of immigrants based on key attributes that support Canada’s economic priorities, such as specific work experience to fill labor market gaps, or knowledge of French.
- Canada Express Entry Process
- First Category-Based Express Entry Draw For Transport Occupations
- New Job Profiles In Demand In Canada
- Express Entry Draw: 3000 New Applications Invited\
- First Category-Based Express Entry Draw For Trades Occupations