IRCC has announced another category-based draw for Transport Occupations, it has invited 1000 candidates through Express Entry draw.
The draw invited candidates with a minimum CRS, Comprehensive Ranking Score of 435.
Due to urgent labour shortage in the transportation sector, Express Entry has released first ever-category based selection draw for candidates with work-experience in a transport occupation.
“The transportation sector is crucial to our economy, and if we want to keep things moving, we need to invest in the people that move travelers and transport our goods,” says Minister of Transport Pablo Rodriguez.
“With this new initiative, we are helping address a critical skills shortage while also attracting new, talented people to communities across Canada. Truck drivers, pilots, aviation mechanical engineers and seafarers play a critical role in our economy and Canadians’ lives. Filling vacancies in these professions will boost economic growth and create stronger and more resilient supply chains.”
With the introduction of category based selection draws, there were greater number of draws as compared to previous years.
Canada’s Immigration Minister Sean Fraser announced the new category-based selection draws for the Express Entry program. The categories were chosen based on labor market projections and discussions with IRCC partners and stakeholders as well as with provincial and territorial governments.
They are as follows:
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions
- Trades, such as carpenters, plumbers, and contractors
- Agriculture and agri-food
- Strong French-language proficiency
The category-based selection draws have been expected since June 2022, when the Government of Canada made changes to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to allow for the selection of immigrants based on key attributes that support Canada’s economic priorities, such as specific work experience to fill labor market gaps, or knowledge of French.
- First Category-Based Express Entry Draw For Trades Occupations
- First Category-Based Express Entry Draw For French Speaking Candidates
- First Category-Based Express Entry Draw For STEM Occupations
- First Express Entry Draw For Skilled Newcomers With STEM Experience
- First Category-Based Express Entry Draw For Healthcare Workers