IRCC has announced the STEM, Science, Mathematics, Technology, Engineering, based draw under Express Entry which includes:
- data scientists,
- software developers and programmers,
- statisticians and actuaries,
- and electrical and electronic engineers.
Through the STEM draw, Canada is planning to fulfill the growing demand for STEM occupations for contributing into nation’s economic growth & technological advancement.
There are 23 STEM occupations listed as eligible for category-based selection draws.
- Architecture and science managers
- Business systems specialists
- Civil Engineers
- Computer and information systems managers
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Computer systems developers and programmers
- Cybersecurity specialists
- Data scientists
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Electrical and electronics engineers
- Engineering managers
- Industrial and manufacturing engineers
- Information systems specialists
- Land surveyors
- Landscape Architects
- Mathematicians, statisticians, and actuaries
- Metallurgical and materials engineers
- Natural and applied science policy researchers, consultants, and program officers
- Software developers and programmers
- Software engineers and designers
- Urban and land use planners
- Web designers
- Web developers and programmers
Canada has been attracting top global talent and solidifying its top position as a leader in research, development & innovation.
“Canada’s ability to remain at the cutting edge of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics depends largely on our country’s ability to recruit top talent from around the world. I’m excited to announce this STEM category-based selection round with my colleague, Minster Champagne, which will increase access to permanent residence for skilled workers with STEM experience. We look forward to welcoming these talented and innovative newcomers to our country.” said the Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.
Category-based selection rounds will continue throughout the year alongside the general invitation rounds, with more details to be announced in the coming weeks.