STUDY IN LATVIA
Latvia is on the Baltic Sea between Lithuania & Estonia. Universities & Institutes in Latvia offer various courses based on the market need so that post-study students will not face any challenges accessing the professional world. Tuition fees in public universities in Latvia are way too lesser than to other countries like the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, etc.
Students can certainly experience the multicultural environment in Latvia. Most of the people speak English, however, they also speak the Latvian language. There are some popular courses for many international students like Bachelor/Master in Information technology, engineering, healthcare, Business administration, Hospitality, etc.
Last few years, Latvia has transformed itself into a well-developed country with a lot of opportunities. Therefore, the number of international students has increased by more than 10-15% each year.
Why study in Latvia?
For international students, Latvia is one of the leading countries as it not only offers a great education system but also excellent career opportunities post-study. Certain points certainly determine the reason to adapt to Latvia as a study-abroad destination.
- A vast range of courses (Bachelor/Master/Ph.D.) for international students.
- Opportunity to study in top public universities in Latvia
- Very affordable tuition fee
- Latvian degrees are recognized globally.
- It’s an economically stable country, therefore international students find a lot of career opportunities during/post their studies.
- Easy to settle in Schengen countries.
- International students can work 20 hours per week during their studies.
- Very low cost of living.
- A spouse can go on a dependent visa & eligible to work full-time.
- Study gaps are acceptable.
Latvia Student Visa Requirements
The following documents are required to apply for a Latvia study visa:
- An official electronic application form for a residence permit.
- Passport size photo (6 copies), 35×45 mm.
- Valid passport (validity of the passport should have at least 6 months)
- Police clearance certificate & should be apostilled (should not be more than 6 months older).
- Financial documents to show as a fund Original bank certificate with a minimum balance of INR 5,00,000 in the student’s bank account. The fund should be at least 2-3 months older.
- The student’s name/passport number/ date of birth should be mentioned on the bank certificate, as it will be required for immigration purposes.
- The financial certificate must be on bank letterhead with a sealed pack & signed by the authorized person.
- Students need to submit an international debit card copy of the same bank engraved his/her name on it.
- All original education documents must be apostilled from the Ministry of External Affairs
- Students must provide proof of English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or they produce MOI to prove that their education was in English.
Latvia Study Visa Process
Kindly find the requirement of the Latvia study visa process mentioned below. The visa processing needs to be done as per the steps with all required documents to avoid any kind of rejection.
Stage 1 – Documents required (Apostille)
- ESL application form.
- Photograph (35/45 cm)
- All education documents – 10th/12th/ Graduation (if applicable)
- Provisional certificate not accepted.
- The academic percentage should be 50% or above.
- English proficiency certificate – IELTS/PTE/ MOI
Post receive all the documents mentioned above, ESL will process the admission.
The applicant will pay the application fee, and post that Conditional acceptance letter will issue by the University.
The applicant will appear for a Skype interview or online test. Admission interview is the sole discretion of the University as it’s not mandated to have the interview for everyone. Niyama Immigration will prepare the candidates for interviews.
Applicant’s education documents will be sent to Application Information Centre (AIC) for verification by the University. The duration of AIC can be 2 weeks to 4 weeks. However, few universities don’t ask for AIC.
Once the AIC verification letter is received, University will provide the final admission letter, study contract, and invoice for the tuition fee deposit.
Post tuition fee is paid; we will submit documents for the Visa process. The University will send the following documents for Bachelor’s & Master’s degree levels. For the Bachelors, University will send the invitation letter, and for the Master’s degree university will share the invitation letter, visa grant letter, and accommodation confirmation letter.
Courses In Latvia:
- Accounting & Finance
- Information technology
- Business administration
- Sports management
Universities In Latvia:
- Riga Technical University
- Turiba University
- Riga Business school
- University of Latvia
- BA School of Business & Finance
- Liepaja University
- Riga international school of economics & business
- Latvian academy of sports education
- Latvia University of Agriculture
- Riga graduate school of Law
- Rezekne University of Applied science
Latvia Intakes: January & September
Rejection Chances in Latvia
While applying for study in Latvia, students need to check carefully the following points to eliminate the chances of rejection…
- Fraudulent documents
- Low academic percentage
- Insufficient proof of Language skills
- Insufficient proof of funds
- Unjustified study gap