- Human Capital Category
The Human Capital Category prioritizes candidates who can support the labour market needs of Ontario through their skill and experience. There are five sub-categories under this program:
Ontario Express Entry Stream
This is an enhanced stream that is aligned with the Express Entry Program. You must have an active Express Entry profile to become eligible under this stream. The Ontario Express Entry Stream is further sub-divided into three categories:
- Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream: Ontario invites Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination through this stream. Earlier, Ontario invited candidates who had a CRS score of 400 or above. However, the new Tech Draws have begun inviting candidates with CRS as low as 350.
Do you know your CRS score? Use a CRS calculator to find out or schedule an appointment with Niyama Immigration today.
- Ontario Express Entry: French-speaking Skilled Worker Stream: This stream targets French-speaking Express Entry candidates who also have strong English language skills.
- Ontario Express Entry: Skilled Trades System: This stream targets tradespersons who are already working in Ontario or who have recent work experience in Ontario.
You do not need to have a job offer to apply under any of the Ontario Express Entry Streams.
Employer Job-offer category
If you have a job offer from Ontario, you may apply for a provincial nomination under this category. There are two streams under this category:
- International Students’ Stream: If you have completed your higher education from Ontario and have secured a job offer, you may apply for a provincial nomination through this stream.
- In-Demand Stream: If you work experience in an in-demand occupation like construction or agriculture and also have a job offer from the province, you may apply under this stream.
If you are an entrepreneur and want to set up your business in Ontario, you may apply under this stream. Selected candidates are initially granted a Work Permit Support Letter to establish their business in Ontario. If they meet the terms in the performance agreement, the province nominates them for a Canada PR Visa.
The requirements of the OINP Entrepreneur Stream are:
- Must have work experience as a business owner or senior managerial experience
- Should have a high net worth (at least CAD 800,000)
- Should have access to required investment funds (minimum CAD 500,000)
Should be able to create at least two or more jobs