• Mon - Sat 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM

Skilled Migration

Skilled Migration

skilled migration

Skilled Migration

The migration of skilled workers from developing countries is a persistent trend, and developed nations are trying to take advantage of this mobility. Immigration is no new concept. It has existed for hundreds of years when people have moved from their home countries to other places for a number of reasons.

For some, moving abroad is a choice, but for some, it is a necessity. More and more skilled professionals are looking to migrate abroad for better career opportunities. Many developed countries like Canada and Australia offer a host of benefits like world-class healthcare and free education that attract many skilled migrants across the world.

At Niyama Immigrations, we helped skilled professionals immigrate to countries like Canada, Australia, the USA, the UK, and European countries like Germany, Poland, Romania, Finland, and many more.

What are the different pathways for skilled migration?

Did you know that only 4 countries- the US, UK, Canada, and Australia account for nearly 60% of all skilled migrants in the world? Other countries like the Middle East, Europe, and even Africa offer several career opportunities to high-skilled migrants from all over the world.

The most popular ways for skilled migrants to migrate overseas are:

Work Permit

The number one reason why skilled professionals want to migrate abroad is to work. Hence, a Work Permit may just be the ideal way to move abroad for a skilled person. A Work Permit, also called a Work Visa, is an employment authorization document that allows you to work in a foreign country. 

Usually, a Work Permit or a Work Visa requires a sponsor, which is your employer overseas. You need to have a job offer first from an employer abroad, who then sponsors your Work Visa. 

Most Work Permits bind you with the employer who has sponsored your Work Visa. What this means is that you can only work for that particular employer. If you switch jobs, your Work Visa stands cancelled. Your new employer will need to sponsor a new Work Visa for you if you want to continue working in the country.

Most countries allow you to include your spouse and children as dependents on your Work Visa. In some countries, however, you may need your employer’s permission first to include your spouse and children in the visa application. Many countries like Canada, Australia, and the UK also allow your spouse to work full-time in the country.

Permanent Residence

A PR Visa is another popular way that most skilled migrants choose to migrate abroad. A permanent resident of a country is not a citizen but is legally allowed to permanently reside in that country. It is possible to get a Permanent Residency Visa for countries like Canada and Australia from India itself. In other countries, you may only apply for a PR Visa after spending a stipulated number of years in the country.

There are several benefits of a PR Visa for you and your family. The biggest upside is that you do not need to have a job to apply for a PR Visa. If you meet the eligibility requirements of the PR program, you can apply for the PR Visa, even without a job. 

As a PR, you and your family have the freedom to live and work anywhere in the country. Unlike a Work Permit which binds you to a single employer, a PR Visa allows you to work with any employer in any industry. You can even change your job whenever you want.

Among other benefits, you get access to free healthcare and education on a PR Visa. You also get nearly all the rights and benefits that a citizen of that country gets. However, the right to vote is only reserved for citizens of that country.

Another advantage of a PR Visa is that you have the option of becoming a citizen of that country.

Entrepreneur Visa

If you wish to set up your own business in a foreign country, then the Entrepreneur Visa may be right for you. The Entrepreneur Visa may be the pathway to Permanent Residence in many countries. 

Like the PR Visa, you would be able to include your spouse and dependent children on your Visa. You may be restricted to running your own business, but your spouse and children would have the freedom to work for any employer they choose.

Usually, PR Visas have an age limit. Hence, an Entrepreneur Visa may be the ideal option for skilled professionals who are a little high in age but also high on managerial experience.

Student Visa

Generally, when we think of a Student Visa, we think of young adults going abroad for study. However, skilled professionals can always choose to enhance their education with a foreign degree, which gives them a competitive edge when looking for a job abroad.

Also, many countries offer Post-Study Work Programs, which allow you to work full-time in the country after completing your studies. 

Are you a skilled professional looking to migrate abroad? Schedule an appointment with Niyama Immigrations today to understand the best options for you.