Alberta Express Entry Streams:
AINP works in two streams:
Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Residency and Work Permit type
- Language proficiency
- Alberta job offer
- Work experience
Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Express Entry profile must be active in the Federal Express Entry Pool.
- It must meet the eligibility criteria of one of the Federal Immigration Programs, FSWP, FSTP, or CEC.
- It must intend to live and work in Alberta permanently.
- Work experience in an occupation that supports the economic development and diversification goals of the province.
- Must have a CRS score of at least 300.
Streams for Entrepreneurs:
Self-employed Farmer Stream
Farmers who have the necessary experience and capital to plan to buy or start a farm in Alberta can apply for permanent residence. Interested candidates have to submit their application forms along with their business plans to AINP. AINP then discusses it with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry and makes sure that it meets the needs of the agriculture industry in Alberta.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
- Should have completed at least two years of education (degree or diploma) from a post-secondary institute in Alberta.
- Must have a Post Graduation Work Permit valid for at least 2 years at the time of EOI submission.
- Should have scored at least CLB 7 in English or French.
- Must set up their own business or purchase an existing business in Alberta with at least 34% ownership.
- Should have at least 6 months of full-time work experience.
Foreign Graduate Startup Visa Stream
- Must have at least six months of full-time work experience.
- Should have completed a two-year program (equivalent to a Canadian degree) from a post-secondary institution outside Canada. Candidates must submit a positive ECA (Educational Credential Assessment).
- Must submit a business plan along with projected financials.
- Should have a score of at least CLB 7 in either English or French.
- Must have business ownership of at least 51% if located in rural areas, and 34% if located in an urban area.
- The minimum investment for an urban business is CAD 100,000 and for a rural business is CAD 50,000.
- Must have obtained a letter of recommendation from an AINP-approved designated agency.
Check out more countries: