On November 24, Alberta held its second-smallest PNP draw for the year with the second-highest CRS cut-off requirement since February.
It has invited 100 candidates under Alberta Express Entry Stream selections.
The minimum score required for the latest draw is high, that is 350. There was another January draw that had a higher cut-off score of 360.
IRCC sets the limits for the number of nominations that Alberta can issue each year. Alberta is allowed to offer 6,250 nomination certificates this year. It has issued 6,094 nomination certificates till now. There are a few nomination certificates left which could be the reason for the small draw by the province.
Distribution of Alberta PNP draw, November 24, 2021
Total Invitations- 100
|Category||Number of Invitations Issued||Ranking score of the lowest-ranked Federal|
Express Entry candidate invited
|Alberta Express Entry Stream||100||CRS 350|
Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Your Express Entry profile must be active in the Federal Express Entry Pool.
- You must meet the eligibility criteria of any one of the federal immigration programs- FSWP, FSTP, or CEC.
- You must intend to live and work in Alberta permanently.
- You must have work experience in an occupation that supports the economic development and diversification goals of the province.
- You must have a minimum CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score of at least 300.
- You have a full-time job in Alberta or previous work experience in the province.
- You have completed your graduation from a post-secondary educational institution in Canada.
- You have a blood relative (parent, sibling, or child) who is a PR or citizen of Canada living in Alberta.
One of these factors may decrease your chances of getting a nomination from Alberta:
- Your Express Entry profile is about to expire in 5 months or less.
- You work in an occupation that is listed on the Alberta ineligible occupations list or has a high volume of submissions across all streams of AINP.
Important things you must know about the Alberta Express Entry Stream:
- It is not possible to apply directly to the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
- If you receive a nomination under a different AINP stream, you can’t use it for the Alberta Express Entry Stream or the Federal Express Entry Program.
- A candidate found to misrepresent or commit fraud in the application may be banned for up to 5 years from applying under the AINP.
- Nominated candidates cannot extend their nominations.
Check out more countries: