Canada Study Visa/ Study to PR
Canada is an extremely popular study abroad destination, especially among students from India. For studying in Canada, you will need a valid Study Permit issued by the Canadian immigration authorities. Also, students with a Study Permit are only allowed to study at Designated Learning Institutions in Canada, that is, colleges or universities authorized by the provincial or territorial government to host foreign students.
You may be able to bring your spouse and dependent children to Canada while on a Study Permit. Your spouse may also be eligible for a Work Permit in Canada.
Benefit of Study in Canada
- Affordable study
- Opportunity to settle in Canada as a PR
- Excellent Campus facilities.
- Foreign students allow working during their study
- Opportunity to get an internship.
- The candidate should have graduated with at least 50% and above Score from UGC or AICTE approved college/University.
- Candidate must not have more than 10 backlogs during his/her Graduation.
- The study gap shouldn’t be more than 5 years. For example, if a student has finished his/her graduation in 2017, & wishes to go for further study in Canada. Then within 2022, this candidate should opt for the Student Visa option.
- Shouldn’t have any medical issue.
- No fraudulent documents.
Post study work permit
- Students have to pursue his/her course for at least 8 months to get post study work permit.
- If a student will pursue 2 years of post-graduation in Canada, then eligible to get 3 years of post-study work permit. This will certainly help the candidate to qualify for the “Canadian experience class” category for permanent residency.
- A student is having 1 year of study permit eligible to get 1 year of work permit.
Cost of study in Canada
Study/tuition fees in Canada differ based on university & province, however, the cost of study here is more economical than in any other country. The average tuition fee in Canada between CAD 6000- CAD 34000 per year.
|Study program||Average Tuition fee (in CAD*)|
|Undergraduate program||$8000-$26,000 per year|
|Post graduate program||$20,000- $37,000 per year|
|PHD||$8,000 - $14,000 per year|
Document requirements for Canada Study Visa
How long does it take to get a Canada Student Visa?
You can expect a processing time of around two months to get a Canada Student Visa.
How much IELTS score is required for Canada Student Visa?
For a Canada Student Visa, you will require a score of at least 6.0 bands in every section along with an overall score of 6.5 & plus. For Graduate Courses, you require 6.5 bands score with at least a score of 6.0 in each of the 4 segments.
What are the documents required for Canada Student Visa?
- Valid Passport
- 10th/12th/ Degree mark sheet & certificate copy (attested copy)
- SOP (statement of purpose)
- Any certificate related to extra-curricular activities.
- Letter of acceptance from the education institution
- References from Academic background – maximum 2
- Reference from employment background (if any) – maximum 2
- Proof of funds
- GIC account
- Passport size photo
- English proficiency (IELTS academic/ Celpip)
How many funds are required for Canada Study Visa?
Canada Student Visa requires proof of funds to support oneself. It is CAD 10,000 annually excluding the tuition fees.
It is CAD 11,000 for applying in Quebec province.
How many intakes are there in Canada?
Universities in Canada offer 2 intakes:
Fall September Intake, Major one
Winter JANUARY Intake
What are the Academic scores needed for admission to Canadian Universities?
It requires a minimum score of 70% for admission into a Bachelor’s Degree Program and at least 60% in any Diploma or Advanced Diploma course.
What is the duration of the Bachelor's Degree Program in Canada?
Most of the Graduate courses in Canada are for 3-4 years.
Is IELTS compulsory to study in Canada?
An international student will have to show his/her proficiency in the English Language through different English Proficiency Tests like IELTS, PTE, TOEFL & Duolingo scores.
What is LOA?
LOA stands for “Letter of Acceptance”
It is an official document confirming the offer and it will be required to start the visa application process.