• Mon - Sat 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM

Study Visa

Study Visa

study visa

Student Visa

Studying abroad is a worldwide phenomenon, with thousands of students going overseas every year to get the best education possible. Studying abroad may have its challenges, but it also has fantastic benefits. In a well-connected, globalized world, employers greatly value graduates with international education and experience. Besides getting a foreign degree which is quite sought-after, studying abroad also helps you appreciate other cultures. It also helps you overcome the challenges of living in a foreign country and gain a greater understanding of the world.

If you want to study abroad, you will need a Student Visa. Although getting admission to a foreign university is extremely important, obtaining a Student Visa successfully is also vital to pursuing education abroad. Every country has its own immigration laws. Hence, when you apply for a Student Visa, you must ensure you meet the requirements of the country that you are applying to.

When should you apply for a Student Visa?

If you wish to pursue education abroad, you will need meticulous planning, to say the least. When planning your Student Visa application process, you need to keep university deadlines in mind and work backwards.

Appearing for an English language test like IELTS or TOEFL is necessary for studying abroad in many countries. You also need to ensure that you have adequate time to gather all the necessary documentation for the smooth processing of your Visa application.

To avoid any last-minute rush, students are advised to apply at least 4 to 6 months in advance. If you are seeking financial aid or scholarships to study abroad, you should add another 2 to 3 months to your timeline, as these processes are time-consuming.

Popular Student Visa options

Niyama Immigrations specializes in Student Visas for several countries like the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia, and the Schengen countries.

Student Visa for the USA

The US is extremely popular among students planning to study abroad. The United States of America has the highest number of international students in the world.

The US offers three types of Student Visas:

i) F1 Visa

If you are applying for a study program that needs more than 18 hours of study per week, you need an F1 Visa. Most undergraduate and graduate programs in the US require an F1 Visa. The spouse and children can accompany an F1 Visa holder to the US on the F2 Visa.

ii) J1 Visa

Students who are pursuing an exchange program in the US can apply for the J1 Visa. Spouses or children of J1 Visa holders can accompany them on the J2 Visa.

iii) M1 Visa

The M1 Visa is for students pursuing nonacademic or vocational courses in the US. The application process for the F1 and M1 Visas are similar, but F1 Visa holders can work part-time while they study while M1 Visa holders can’t.

Student Visa for the UK

There are two Student Visa categories in the UK:

i) Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

This Visa category is for students aged 16 or above coming to the UK for higher studies.

ii) Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa

Children between the age of 4 and 15 coming to the UK for studies need to obtain the Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa. Such children are only allowed to study at independent fee-paying schools.

The UK Govt. has reinstated the two-year post-study Work Visa which has made the UK once again popular among international students.

Student Visa for Canada

Canada is an extremely popular study abroad destination, especially among students from India. For studying in Canada, you will need a valid Study Permit issued by the Canadian immigration authorities. Also, students with a Study Permit are only allowed to study at Designated Learning Institutions in Canada, that is, colleges or universities authorized by the provincial or territorial government to host foreign students.

You may be able to bring your spouse and dependent children to Canada while on a Study Permit. Your spouse may also be eligible for a Work Permit in Canada.

Student Visa for Australia

If you wish to study in Australia, you will need to get an Australian Student Visa. According to the SSVF (Simplified Student Visa Framework) initiated on 1st July 2016, international students planning to study in Australia need to apply for the Subclass 500 Visa.

Student Visa for Schengen countries

There are 26 countries that make up the Schengen Zone in Europe. If you wish to pursue higher education in any of the member states of the Schengen Area, you will need to apply for a Schengen Student Visa. This Visa allows you to stay in the Schengen territory for up to 3 months. If your study program is longer than that then you will need to apply for a Long-Stay Study Visa at the embassy or consulate of the respective country.

If studying abroad is your dream, let Niyama Immigrations help you transform your dream into reality.